- Lustgarten, S. D., & Colbow, A. J. (2017). Ethical concerns for telemental health therapy amidst governmental surveillance. American Psychologist, 72(2). http://psycnet.apa.org/doi/10.1037/a0040321
- Westefeld, J. S., Gann, L. C., Lustgarten, S. D., Yeates, K. J. (2016). Relationships between firearm availability and suicide: The role of psychology. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 47, 271-277. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pro0000089 (Second authorship shared equally)
- Lustgarten, S. D. (2015). Emerging ethical threats to client privacy in cloud communication and data storage. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 46, 154-160. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pro0000018
- Westefeld, J. S., Casper, D., Galligan, P., Gibbons, S., Lustgarten, S., Rice, A., Rowe-Johnson, M., & Yeates, K. (2014). Suicide and older adults: Risk factors and recommendations. Journal of Loss and Trauma. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15325024.2014.949154 (Second authorship shared equally)
- Lustgarten, S. D. (2016). Amidst Threats to Technology Use, Training Gap Remains. The Iowa Psychologist, Fall. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308106615_Amidst_Threats_to_Technology_Use_Training_Gap_Remains
- Lustgarten, S. D. (2016, January). New threats to client privacy (CE Corner). Monitor on Psychology, 47(1), 66-72. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/monitor/2016/01/ce-corner.aspx
- Lustgarten, S. D. (2014). Governmental surveillance threatens client privacy. The Iowa Psychologist, Winter. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/282778688_Governmental_Surveillance_Threatens_Client_Privacy
- Lustgarten, S. D. (2016, February). Privacy in the Information Age: Concerns for social justice. Workshop presented at the 2016 Winter Roundtable Conference, New York, NY.
- Grant, A. M., Lustgarten, S. D., & Harden, S. N. (2013, May). Associations between first-year undergraduate students’ social goals and alcohol consumption: A qualitative investigation. Poster presented at the 2013 annual meeting of the Society for Prevention Research, San Francisco, CA.
- Menger, L. M., Lustgarten, S. D., Moore, J. T., & Hindman, J. (2012, August). Barriers and facilitators to interagency collaboration in two suicide prevention networks. Poster presented at the 120th American Psychological Association Convention, Orlando, FL.
- Lustgarten, S. D., & Vacha-Haase, T. (2012, May). Older White men: Power, privilege, and peril. Presented at the 2012 Bridging the Divide: Suicide Awareness and Prevention Summit, Fort Collins, CO.
- Menger, L. M., Stallones, L., Lustgarten, S. D., Moore, J. T., & Hindman, J. (2012, April). Strengthening collaborative relationships in Colorado: A community suicide referral network analysis. Poster presented at the 45th annual American Association of Suicidology Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Lustgarten, S. D., & Nepute, J. (2010, April). Violent victimization and its toll on rural adolescent women: An analysis of correlative marijuana use. Poster presented at the 80th annual Rocky Mountain Psychological Association Conference, Denver, CO.
- Lustgarten, S. D. (2017, April). Ethical Concerns for the Information Age: Managing Client Confidentiality in an Increasingly Connected World. Workshop to be presented at the Iowa Psychological Association: Spring Conference, Davenport, IA.
- Ochola, J. E., & Lustgarten, S. D. (2015, October). Zoom me up: How administrators, teachers, and students can develop new ways to collaborate. Presented at the Iowa Technology and Education Conference (ITEC), Des Moines, IA.
- Lustgarten, S. D. (2015, September). It’s not Monopoly Money: Dealing with student loans in graduate school. Presented at the University of Iowa: I-Fellows Workshop, Iowa City, IA.
- Lustgarten, S. D. (2013, November). Stress management. Presented at the University of Iowa: Students, Workshops, and Tutoring (SWAT), Iowa City, IA.
- Lustgarten, S. D. (2013, April). Cyberbullying and its effects on the classroom environment. Presented at the University of Iowa: Teacher Leader Center, Iowa City, IA.
- Westefeld, J. S., Behrens, E., Casper, D., Lui, Y., & Lustgarten, S. D. (2012, November). Suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention. Presented at the University of Iowa: Teacher Leader Center, Iowa City, IA.